I have been nominated for the “Sunshine Blogger Award.” It made me very happy and made my day when I found out I was nominated. I would like to thank Lucy for nominating me for the award. I feel very honored and humbled to be nominated by such a smart, talented, remarkable, strong, wonderful, inspiring and beautiful young lady and blogger.
Please check out her blog titled Luthieinthegreen. She writes using cartoons, poems, art and other information about mental health trying to help educate and rid the world of mental illness stigma and things like that… just like many of us are trying to do, as well.
When we all work together we will be able to combat, conquer and stop mental illness stigma.
Please check out Lucy’s site. I am sure you will love it, as much as I have and do. Thank you again Lucy for nominating me. I greatly appreciate it and it you made me very happy for nominating me.
Rules for “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to them.
- Answer the eleven questions asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Create 11 new and different questions for them to answer.
- List the rules.
- Include the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo in your post somewhere.
That is it… easy peasy…
Here are the answers to my 11 questions:
- What is your favourite animal? That is a hard question because I love so many animals, but I would have to say cats would be my favorite. I have two male cats. One is a big beautiful fat black cat named Percy and my other one is a very pretty gray cat named Ozzie. I love my kitties. They are like my toddlers because they are a little naughty and mischievous at times, always seeming to get into some sort of trouble. But, mostly they are very loving and I love my furry babies. I love cats so much because they are all beautiful, adorable, lovable and have very unique personalities.
- What was your dream job as a child? As a child I dreamed of marrying a professional football player and being the best and most loving stay at home mom of four children. When I faced reality a bit further, I decided to become a Special Education teacher and taught for about ten years until my bipolar tsunami struck and I became too ill and could no longer teach anymore…
- Do you speak a language other than English? No, I can only speak English. However, I know a tiny little bit of sign language as I learned some sign language in college and used it when I taught special education. Sign language is such a beautiful language. I know that doesn’t really count as speaking another language, but I thought I would throw out that little tidbit of information about myself.
- What is your favourite colour? My favorite color is purple.
- Where would you like to live in the world if not in your home country? I would love to live in Australia because it is such a beautiful country and I would love to have an Australian accent.
- Your favourite historical era? Maybe the 1950s as life seemed much simpler and more innocent back then… parts of it anyway.
- What book or film character do you most identify with? I can’t really think of any right now, but what always sticks in my mind is a nursery rhyme I have always remembered since I was a small child. When I heard it, even as a young child I knew that it was about me. “There was a little girl with a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very, very good and when she was bad, she was horrid.” That sums up me. That is what my bipolar is like.
- Do you have any pets? I have my two very lovable and beautiful cats I spoke about in question #1.
- Do you believe in God? Yes I believe in God. I became born again and was water baptized about three years ago. God has saved my life and healed me and continues to heal to the point that he wants me to be healed so I can survive and live my life to my fullest potential living in the manner and way in which He has planned for me since the beginning. I try to remind myself often that my life is and was all part of His plan for me.
- What place would you like to go to that you’ve never been to? England and I would love to watch the Wimbledon tournament when I was there. I love tennis.
- What do you find most comforting when you are down? God, always as He loves me and He has saved my life numerous times and he continues to save my life everyday. Listening to praise and worship music and praying. Also, writing as it is a great distraction for me and I am able to express my deep dark innermost feelings and get them out from deep within myself and out of my brain. That is very therapeutic and helpful for my recovery and good mental health and wellness.
Here are the 11 amazing people I am nominating for “The Sunshine Blogger Award.”
- Jeannette – https://girlptsddepression777.wordpress.com/
- Brenda – https://griefpoetry.wordpress.com/
- Suncycles – https://suncycles.wordpress.com/
- Niharika Jaiswal – https://opinionatedhead.com/
- Sally – https://mahbuttitches17.wordpress.com/
- Carol Anne – https://therapybits.com/
- Vanessa – https://vanessaday.blog/
- Srijana Kattel – https://srijanakattel.wordpress.com/
- Eleanor – https://beurownlight.com/
I believe this great group of people and their blogs bring a lot of joy and sunshine and education into the lives of many people and I also pray these lovely people have a lot of joy and sunshine in their lives every day.
I wish I could nominate many more people. I am sorry if you are not on this list because everyone should be…
Here are my 11 questions for you to answer. Have fun and thank you very much for answering all of them.
- How old are you?
- How old were you when you were diagnosed with mental illness, or other type of chronic and/or invisible illness or grief?
- Where do you live? (City, State, Country)
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you angry
- When was the last time you experienced mental illness stigma or any other type of stigma or discrimination?
- How were you stigmatized?
- What is your favorite kind of candy?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Do you prefer a sunny or a cloudy/rainy day and why?
Thank you very much everyone for reading my blog. I appreciate and love each and every one of you.
Thank you nominees and all of you for participating. Everyone can participate if you would like. It is fun. Have fun and a have a very happy, sunny side-up, brightly shining, joyful and blessed day.
Love, hugs and many blessings, Sue