Thank you to Okoto Enigma for creating this ingenious award.
I want to give a huge shout out and a big thank you to Piper Pierce for nominating me for “The Mystery Blogger Award. I am honored and greatly appreciate and accept the nomination. It made me very happy to be nominated. Piper is a native Mississippian and shares her adventures and journey of here life. Please check out her awesome blog. Here is the link to her blog https://pipersadventures.blog/
Rules for the “Mystery Blogger Award”
- Name the creator of the award and link their blog.
- Place the award logo or image within your blog post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in your post.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees 5 original questions of your choice.
- Share 5 links to your best blog posts.
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Three Things about Myself:
- My greatest accomplishment is being a mommy to three of the best, most beautiful (inside and out) children in the world. My daughter Kylie is 25 and has been married for two years, my son Keagan is 23 and will be getting married this September 8th and my youngest daughter Alexia is 17 and is a Senior in High School. I am so blessed to be their mommy and I am so proud to be their mom. There is no greater joy in the world. They are my life and my heart and have kept me alive for over 25 years. I love them beyond words and measure.
- I love a rainy day and thunderstorms. I love the snow, a snowy day, a snowstorm and blizzards. I get very excited if there is a storm of any kind and I love watching the storms and seeing how God paints our skies and I love seeing the power and beauty God creates with the weather.
- I am afraid of bats. I believe I have a bat phobia ever since three bats snuck into my home about two years ago. Yuck! Ugh! They are so ugly, gross and scary to me. I do not like how they swoop down at me, when they are flying. EEEEK!!!
My five questions to answer:
- Who is your favorite author and why? I would have to say, off the top of my head, right now that Augusten Burroughs is one of my favorite writers. I read three of his mental illness memoirs and those are my favorite types of books to read. I love his easy, free-spirited, fun-loving style of his writing. I think that is his personality and it shines throughout his books. He can take the tragedies of his life and find the humor in it. He has a gift for finding the positives in a negative situation and I think that is very important.
- What advice would you give to a new blogger? My advice for new bloggers is to know what your passion and dreams for your life and blog are and write towards them. Most importantly, be true to who you are. Find your own writing style and stick with it, but always remember to try to improve your writing techniques at the same time. We can always learn and grow as writers and people. Do not try to write like other bloggers or make your blog look like someone elses. That usually doesn’t work. It is great to learn from other bloggers and get ideas, but still stay true to who you are. Be authentic. Be very honest and open with your writing. Have a lot of fun. Read other blogs and become a part of the blogging community. There are a lot of awesome bloggers out there.
- What was your most fun adventure in life? This is a hard question for me, becasue I haven’t led the moat exciting life. I would have to say driving non-stop from La Crosse, WI to Jackson Mississippi non-stop. I think it iwas over a 12 hour drive. I was driving my oldest daughter to college there and my youngest daughter came with for the adventure. I was able to stay up all night driving without getting sleepy at all as I was a bit manic. See mania can pay off sometimes, hahaha… We had a great time when we got into Jackson as well. We did some sight seeing etc. I love the south and love the way they talk. I wish I had a southern drawl. It sounds so beautiful. Yes ma’am. Y’all sould visit Jackson sometime and see all that southern charm and hospitality.
- What is your inspiration for your blog? I want to share my story and journey of living, surviving and thriving with bipolar disorder for over 25 years. My passion is to help others by sharing my story to let them know they are not alone in their own struggles and can overcome their obstacles and I want to encourage and inspire people to never give up and to keep fighting. There is always hope. Things will get better. I also want to increase awareness and educate about mental illness and reduce the stigma of mental illness and suicide. Writing is very therapeutic for me. Plus, I have learned so much from other bloggers and enjoy reading other blogs.
- Who is your favorite cartoon character? I love Dory the fish. She is so adorable and reminds me of myself as I too have quite a memory loss and word recall problem (probably from having 100s of ECTs over 25 years). I love to laugh and Dory is hilarious, of course, as she is the voice of Ellen Degeneres. I also love Dory because she is very kind, caring, open-minded, and is very encouraging and inspirational. Never give up. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming….
***My five questions for you to answer:
- What is your favorite sport?
- What is your favorite NFL Football team and do you watch football every Sunday? (I love football and am a huge Minnesota Viking’s fan).
- Why do you write and why did you decide to write a blog?
- What is your favorite television show?
- Besides writing, what is your favorite hobby and/or talent?
My nominees for The Mystery Blog Award are:
- J-Dub https://jilywily.wordpress.com/
- Pooja https://lifesfinewhine.wordpress.com/
- Addison Finch https://embraceauthenticityblog.wordpress.com/
- Yaskhan https://yassy66.wordpress.com/
- Deborah https://suddenlybipolar.wordpress.com/
- Krista Lee Pfeiffer https://thesunnyshadow.com/
- Janet Coburn https://bipolarjan.wordpress.com/
- Cat https://highrisk1.wordpress.com/
5 Links to my best blog posts: (I think they are my best. They are a few of my favorites anyway. I hope you like them)